Wednesday 20 April 2016

Reflection & Conclusion

I have learnt the basic ways of identifying a trend - cool hunting, trend spotting and brailling the culture. However, I believe I still have a long way to go. This module has been extremely helpful to me as in Fashion Marketing & Merchandising, trends are highly important in regards to what sells and what does not. Rather than following current trends blindly, I'd like to identify future trends to tap in on.

Forecasting Fashion has also opened my eyes to the world around me - living in Singapore for two decades, I never knew how much it had to offer. I find myself observing the people around me wherever I am now, and spotting new changes. New trees? Sustainability. Group of people doing yoga? Being alive. I don't believe I can go back to my pre-forecasting days, but I am glad for it!

In Week 5, I flipped through a few forecasting journals.International Textile Report was the most interesting to me, and I will make a point to read every future publication. It showed how a single fabric can be styled, cut and manipulated in a multitude of ways by different people, which proves that a trend is universal, even if you do not realize it is even happening!

I will definitely keep in mind rising trends to further support my future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment